Tuesday, December 14, 2010

An early Christmas and Anniversary present...to us!!!

 A couple weeks ago, my wonderful hubby and I took a long weekend away...just the two of us.  It was our Christmas and anniversary presents to each other.  On January 3rd we will celebrate 7 glorious years of marriage!! 
We haven't done taken a trip the two of us since before the boys were born- and then I was 7 months pregnant with them.  One word...AMAZING!!!  We had a wonderful trip and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!!  We are definitely going to do this more often than once every three years.  We went to South Fork, CO which is by Wolf Creek for you ski bunnies.  Both of our moms came up to watch the kids for us.  It was hard to be away but we knew they were in good hands.  And for those of you wondering (and because I got a lot of questions)...yes I am still nursing.  I built up a supply before we left and kept it up while we were away.  So, Ladybug continued to have her "liquid gold" while we were away.  We left Friday morning and had a gorgeous ride up there.

My handsome man!! 

Happy!! 

Beautiful scenery!!

As soon as we got to our house, we quickly changed and hit the slopes.  This was my first time to ski in 7 years!!! 

I was a little hesitant, but I did fine.  I'm definitely not as limber as I used to be and felt awkward but I enjoyed it!!  My hubby is an amazingly talented snowboarder, so it was fun to be on the slopes with him!!
The next day we got dressed, and went driving through the national forest.  It was a gorgeous drive.  Definitely a little nerve-wracking!!  Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive and that Will was driving!


Rio Grande River




Doesn't this picture just remind you of "Cold Mountain"???

After our drive we hit the slopes again, and happened to run into my husband's aunt and her husband while we were there!!  Crazy!  Anyways, we spent the afternoon with them.  She used to be a ski instructor so I had my own personal lesson that afternoon.  On Sunday, we just had a relaxing day and went up to Creede that night for dinner.  On Monday, we headed home to our babies!!!  We missed them sooo much, but we loved our time away just the two of us.

I am so lucky and blessed to be married to such a wonderful man.  He is the man of my dreams- a fantastic husband, and a loving, terrific father.  I love you MORE sweetie!!   
 

No comments: