Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My thoughts

So, I am sitting here thinking about my day.  It's been one of THOSE days.  I keep thinking of the old song- "Mama said there'd be days like this."  I've been having A LOT of THOSE days lately.  It's been a very trying time around here in regards to my boys.  They say God never gives you more than you can handle, but I'm beginning to question His confidence in me!!  I know the ages of 2 and 3 can be particularly trying for any parent, but I feel that dealing with two boys at the same time is a lot to handle.  The whining, fighting, and not listening has just about been more than my nerves (and patience) can handle.  Some days one boy will be good and the other will be more difficult spirited.  Lately, both have been very spirited, and these are the days that are the hardest.  I spend a lot of time laying in bed wondering how to handle what I have been facing.  It's draining.  Please don't think that I am throwing a "pity party" because that is not the objective of this post.  I am just putting some thoughts down in hopes that it makes me feel better.  And no matter how challenging the boys are, I love them more than words can say.  They can be so unbelievably sweet that my heart just melts.  They are my baby boys (they will always be my babies- even when they are over 6 feet tall...as I'm sure they will be).  Right now I just am frustrated- as all parents get with their children.  Well, enough of this- I'm going to relax and enjoy the rest of my evening, and try not to think about kids...yea right!!!      

No comments: