Well, as I promised, I finally have time to update everyone on a few things. In August, I went to see the neurologist for my back. I do not have to have surgery, which was great news, but the bad news is that there is not really anything that they can do for it. It is something that I just have to learn to live with, and try and modify some of my activities. I've been teaching the boys to climb up in their highchairs and help me do things so that I don't have to lift them as much. I can no longer do some of my favorite activities like I would love to do. I can do some in moderation, but I'll have to pay for it by being in pain for several days. I asked him about all sorts of activities that I love to do and his response, "Well, you just like to do all sorts of things that are not good for your back." So, I have to pick and choose my activities. What is wrong with it, is basically my bottom two discs are shot and very inflamed. Carrying the twins did not help, but it did not cause this. He said that my discs started deteriorating when I was about twelve. I am doing some exercises to try and strengthen the muscles surrounding my lower back. We'll see how things work out. My mom was here last week and did all the lifting for me. That was a lifesaver, as it allowed my back to rest and is feeling much better. Well, enough about that, the boys are getting so big. They are 17 months now and are such a joy. They are really testing their boundaries, so some days are more stressful than others. They seem so close to saying more words. We were watching a cattle show the other day and were pointing to the cows and saying "cow." Austin was really trying to say it. They seem very interested in what all we say. They have learned to run, so they run all over the place. Thank goodness we have a big house, because it allows them so many places to run and play. Well, that about catches everyone up to date. Here are some pictures we have taken lately. Love to all!!!
Tyler
Tyler
Austin
Austin
Tyler
Granddaddy and Tyler
Tyler eating peaches with Minghy
Austin
Tyler after he learned to climb up on the table. He found the cheerios container and dumped it out!!
Tyler in one of my pots!!
Will and me at my birthday dinner
Tyler






No comments:
Post a Comment